Thursday, January 21, 2010

Up Close with KRISTEN KASSINGER















I worked with Kristen Kassinger on a photo shoot over the summer and have been following her career ever since. I recognized her on the Forever 21 website and have seen her in numerous ads and commercials. She was so much fun to work with and has such a laid back, cool style I wanted to do a feature on her.

Here's what Kristen had to say about style and modeling:

Who is your style icon/ influences?
I love classic style. I would say Grace Kelley is one of my main influences. She was such an iconic beauty. I also love the styles of the 60s and 70s, where music, peace, and love influenced a generation of fashion.


What's your personal style like?
I would like to say my personal style is always changing. I think comfort is key and I will usually only buy clothes that are comfortable. I like mixing vintage clothing with new pieces.


Where are some of your fave spots to shop?
My favorite places to shop in LA are Opening Ceremony, American Rag, The Reformation.


Could you share some of your fave insider style tips?
Be yourself and stay true to your personal style. Don't let yourself get too influenced by the latest trends, and wear what you feel comfortable in.


What are some things you have learned from modeling that has helped change/transform your life?
Modeling has allowed me to meet lifelong friends and has provided great travel opportunities. It is a job that has also enabled me to attend college and work simultaneously.

3 comments:

  1. She's adorable! Modeling was my dream for a very long time! I'm always excited to meet people who are in the industry!

    Love, Meg @ www.strawberriesandlace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. great post!! couldn't agree more with staying true to yourself rather than falling for all the trends.

    I hope you have more model friends so you can do more of these ;)

    http://www.heatherinacandyshop.com

    ReplyDelete